Leading Irrigation Hand | Warra Warra, QLD
We have an opening for a Leading Irrigation Hand to join our operations at Warra Warra in the Darling Downs Region of Queensland.
About Hancock Agriculture
Hancock Agriculture, combining Hancock Pastoral, Wagyu Operations & S. Kidman & Co. Pty Ltd, has a long history in agriculture with more than 20 properties across Australia, spanning around six million hectares. With a herd of over 230,000, we are proudly one of the country’s largest producers of Wagyu and commercial cattle. As a combined business, we offer our people the unique opportunity to be part of a vertically integrated farming operation, which means we own every step of the process, from breeding, backgrounding, and grain feeding, through to sales of finished product, to ensure the highest standards of animal husbandry, traceability and quality assurance are performed.
Hancock Agriculture provides you a career in an exceptional organisation that is entering an exciting period of change, continued innovation and growth. Be a part of our journey in an organisation you can be proud of and where we value the safety and welfare of our people, animals and environment.
About the Property
Warra Warra farm is located south west from the Western Darling Downs town Warra, straddling the Condamine River. The farm consists of 3073 ha (7600 acres). “Warra Warra” has a magnificent architecturally designed brick homestead complex surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens and lawns overlooking the picturesque lagoon. There are also three well maintained farmhouses and support buildings, including a machinery shed and grain storage with aerated silos.
- Assists with all on-farm operations including but not limited to (ground preparation, spraying, planting and irrigation)
- Oversees contract farm operations
- Pump and other farm machinery maintenance.
Skills and Experience:
- Sound understanding of farm operations
- Knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge of all aspects of row crop irrigation
- Sound mechanical knowledge and workshop skills
- Sound written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret workplace-related documentation
- Sound organisation and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Current drivers licence(s).
What we offer you:
- Accommodation (house)
- Use of work vehicle
- Certainty of remuneration commensurate with experience
- Training, career development and advancement opportunities in our widespread organisation
- Friendly, supportive team and community environment.
This role offers a great opportunity to join an exciting, industry leading Agribusiness, with scope for advancement after training and experience.
How to apply:
- apply online via Hancock Agriculture website; or
- apply online via Seek; or
- email email@example.com quoting HP-WW-LIH-22. Please include your current resume with referees and a cover letter.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for positions with Hancock Agriculture or S. Kidman & Co.